As to the expression “inherit the earth,” the
following facts should be noted:
1. God is the owner of this earth (Psalm 24:1).
2. Those who obey Christ become children of God (Galatians 3:27; Hebrews 5:9), and joint-heirs” with the Lord (Romans 8:17)
3. The Father supplies all our needs (Philippians4:19), we therefore enjoy this earth and its blessings more than all others.
4. Mainly, however, our inheritance is spiritual (Acts 20:32); we are heirs in the kingdom of Christ (Ephesians 5:5), and citizenship in that John 3:3-5; Colossians 1:13).
5. Finally, we also look for an inheritance that is reserved for us in heaven (1 Peter 1:4), because we are aware that the earth will be
destroyed when Christ returns (2 Peter 3:10).