The worst enemy of man is Satan. His goals are wicked; his ways evil. In the Bible the devil is called “a roaring lion” (1 Peter 5:8), and “that old serpent” (Revelation 20:2). Do we know how he works? The Bible says he works by:
1. Telling lies (John 8:44). Satan told Adam and Eve, regarding the forbidden fruit, “Ye shall not surely die” (Genesis 3:4). An example of Satan’s lies today is, “He that believeth and is not baptized shall be saved. ” The Lord said, “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved” (Mark 16:15,16).
2. Perverting the scriptures. In Matthew 4 Satan took a passage out of context, thus twisting its meaning.
3. Organizing his churches. Not all religious groups are approved of God. Revelation 3:9 speaks condemningly of “the synagogue of Satan.”
4. Thwarting God’s purposes (1 Thessalonians 2:18).
5. Appearing as “an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:14). Good appearance can be deceiving. Religious cranks, denominationalists, cults and charlatans fool many with their errors.
Beware of the workings of Satan!
Via Bulletin Digest